Dell Visor VR118 Mixed Reality Headset or Virtual Reality VR Headset
Price exc VAT:
- No need for External Sensors - DOES NOT COME WITH HAND CONTROLLERS
- One of the most comfortable VR Headsets Available - Great for use over long periods
- 1 year Return To Base Warranty with REGENSYS IT Ltd
Dell Visor VR118 Mixed Reality Headset or Virtual Reality Headset
***This VR headset does not come with the Bluetooth controllers as standard. It is ideal for architects and estate agents looking to utilise for walkthroughs and virtual builds. Please get in touch if you have any questions.***
This is the Dell Visor VR118 a Microsoft Windows 10 based Virtual Reality Headset, although Dell is relabelling it slightly to be call a Mixed Reality Headset or MR Headset for short. In essence it will be a direct and powerful competitor to the HP, Lenovo and Acer's efforts.
A VR Headset from Dell Successfully Made for Comfort
A key consideration when looking at VR headsets is whether they will be comfortable after wearing them for an hour or more. All current reviews believe Dell got this right. Reported as very comfortable and could be worn all day if necessary without undue pressure on the ears and nose. It can be easily adjusted by way of the dial on the rear.
The lens visor also flips up easily whilst the user is wearing it stopping the need to completely remove the whole headset when you need a drink or to check your phone mid game.
The Dell Visor does not need external tracking sensors because it has dual Hololens cameras at the front to track your movement.
This Dell VR Headset or MR headset as we should be calling it does not come with inbuilt speakers so these will have to be supplied separately.
The last point worth noting in terms of hardware is the IPD or Interpupillary Distance controls. Whereby some of the market leaders have adjustable dials the Dell Visor uses inbuilt software that will need adjusting during set-up.
A VR Headset Made For Windows 10
In order to run the Dell Visor you will need to make sure you have the Windows Creator’s Update. You will then need to Windows Mixed Reality suite which will allow you to start using your Dell Visor MR headset.
During the set up process because the VR118 does not use external sensors you set the scale boundaries by walking around the edge of your boundaries whilst facing your PC or laptop. You can alternatively use it in standing mode only with no boundaries.
The Visor is now fully supported in Steam VR so you can use your favourite platform.
Order your Dell Visor VR118 VR headset today with REGENSYS IT Ltd.
Windows Mixed Reality Ultra PCs Windows Mixed Reality PCs
- Operating System Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (RS3) - Home, Pro, Business, Education.
- (Note: Not supported on N versions or Windows 10 Pro in S Mode)
- Processor Intel Core i5 4590 (4th generation), quad-core (or better)
- AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.4Ghz (desktop), quad-core (or better) Intel Core i5 7200U (7th generation mobile), dual-core with Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology enabled (or better)
- RAM 8GB DDR3 (or better) 8GB DDR3 dual channel (or better)
- Free disk space At least 10 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1060 (or greater) DX12-capable discrete GPU
- AMD RX 470/570 (or greater) DX12-capable discrete GPU
- Note: GPU must be hosted in a PCIe 3.0 x4+ Link slot
- Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 620 (or greater) DX12-capable integrated GPU (check if your model is greater)
- NVIDIA MX150 (or greater) discrete GPU
- 965M (or greater) DX12-capable discrete GPU
- AMD Radeon RX 460/560
- Graphics Driver Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 2.2 Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 2.2
- Graphics display port HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.2 HDMI 1.4 or DisplayPort 1.2
- Display Connected external or integrated VGA (800x600) display (or better)
- USB connectivity USB 3.0 Type-A or Type-C
- Bluetooth connectivity (for motion controllers) Bluetooth 4.0
- Expected headset framerate 90 Hz 60 Hz
- Warranty: 1 year Return To Base Warranty with REGENSYS IT Ltd
Please Note – the warranty is with REGENSYS IT Ltd NOT the manufacturer